Tuesday, July 01, 2008

fly like an eagle

PS 17:8 Guard me as you would guard your own eyes. Hide me in the shadow of your wings.

 

God is a non-physical reality. He becomes embodied in Jesus. Whenever I see passages like this in the Old Testament or New I have the image of Jesus in mind.

 

With the metaphor of the protective eagle added, all of a sudden you have this birdman showing up. So, eagle it is. Be as attentive as an eagle with eyes piercing the sky, and cover me with your huge winds to fend off anything that would even think of attacking.

  

Watch an eagle in flight (vacation or internet, your choice) and see the connection.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."