Friday, February 22, 2008

law

Matthew 23:11
The greatest among you will be your servant.

I recently toured the nation’s capitol building and when I walked into the House Chambers I was intrigued. All around the border of the ceiling were bas-relief faces of famous lawmakers from various eras. They are all side views, except one.

Staring straight ahead above the upper central entrance to the House for visitors, looking down directly at the Speaker of the House and the main podium is the face of the lawgiver- Moses.

Now I don’t know the story of every person that is represented around the House ceiling, but I do know Moses. And I know he is a friend of God and a servant of all those he led. Not a bad image for some of the leading lawmakers of our nation to see while in session...

Pray for your congressman or significant legislator if you live outside the U.S.A.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."