Tuesday, July 11, 2006

getting away to it all

I am going on vacation for three weeks. Northern Wisconsin and Northern Minnesota. Cabins, fishing, and of course, mosquitoes. I am going to spend the time connecting with my immediate family, my parents in Wisconsin and my in-laws and other relatives on Nancy’s side in Minnesota.

I met with my pastor recently and he suggested I spend the time in restoring the soul. For me this means:

1. blog and podcast sabbatical- one more blog tomorrow, one more podcast Thursday, and then check in with me on July 25 and I will report how the “project” is going
2. study sabbatical- one book and only reading for a brief period in the morning
3. limited Bible reading- only Psalms 145-150 and only aloud!
4. do nothing- three days to do nothing but enjoy family and surroundings

This is not for everyone. This is a personal prescription from someone who knows me well.

Don’t leave just yet. Check in tomorrow and Thursday.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."