Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Line Cutter

P26

David and I spent the day at the Rose Bowl yesterday. Spur of the moment decision. Figured it's time the boys experienced a Badger game live. Greg had to work, so David and I went by ourselves.

Here's how it works for a Meyers Briggs NP. Decide to go to the game at 1:15. Game starts at 2. Called Kristina at her home in Burbank and asked her to drop us off. No $40 parking. Jumped in the car and drove to Burbank.

"David, you drive while I surf Stubhub." It's 1:45 and two seats on Wisconsin side by the end zone are going for half price. 200 tickets left, so hit buy. Got 'em.

Arrive at Sean and Kris's, 1:50. Hit Pasadena at 2. Jump on shuttle, see on ESPN app- Wisconsin scores!

Make it to the front gate, find StubHub will call, and we are in our seats by 9 minutes in the 1st quarter. Won't say much about the game (we lost), but at least David got to experience his first Badger Rose Bowl (my 3rd Wis. RB live). We got to "jump around" after the 3rd quarter. Badger fans know what I am talking about. Actually, I jumped up and down with my feet firmly planted.

"Dad, don't jump, you'll fall!"

Got to listen to your kid, once in awhile.

Well, games over and we get into line to take the shuttle bus. About 40 minute wait, and then back to Old Town where Kristina picks us up curbside.

A great day with my boy...Not every boy had that experience.

Some people cut into our "cattle line," as we are waiting for the bus. Shouts of "Line cutters!" filled the air. The worst "cutter" is a dad, with two young boys. People are screaming at the guy, he's cussing back, and David and I are the audience of this debacle in fatherhood.

The two sons have their eyes down in shame. One of them, at one point, actually tries to get dad to leave line. Dad's face is beet red, and he's not moving.

David turns to me and says, "There's a man unhappy with his life."

Yep, but not as unhappy as those two boys who have this moral giant guiding them. Hopefully, this will go down as a "not gonna be like my dad in that category" moment for the sons.

One can only hope...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."