Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Someone else's job

I was driving from a funeral, back to the family's home today.

My friend Ken died after a long battle with cancer. He lost that battle, but he won the war because he is free of sickness and suffering. He is with the Lord, and in God's dimension, a new man.

Ken was a hardworking carpet guy.

I have no idea how many miles of carpet he laid in his lifetime, but I do know it is about as tough of a job physically as there is. Back, knees, fingers, joints in general, you name it, carpet takes its toll.

And Ken was good at what he did. I watched him a few times over the years and he was an artist. "Had an eye for what he was doing," you might say. He never complained but,

it was hard work. 

Ken isn't laying carpet anymore. He is resting in the arms of Jesus. And wouldn't you know it, that message was made quite clear today. You see, driving back, I found myself following a truck. Look at what the truck is hauling.

You've got to be kidding.

A truck full of carpet padding!

Carpet_truck
That's someone else's job, now, Ken. You take a break... 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."