Thursday, October 18, 2007

no worry and truth

2 Cor 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

When God is the source of what we are doing we really don’t need to worry about a thing. Another way of saying this is when God is not behind what we are doing, all we will do is worry because it isn’t going to work out in the end. So, to end worry, discover what God is doing in your world today and join him.

Pray for God’s guidance on what you ought to be thinking about today.



2 Cor 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

I can learn from someone who doesn’t trust in Jesus, but not in anything that has eternal significance. I can share what I have in common with someone who is not a disciple, but I can’t agree on the ultimate. Jesus, alone, is the truth. I don’t know the whole truth but I know who does. That makes all the difference.

Pray for clear teaching of the truth of Jesus.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."