Tuesday, November 21, 2006

day 48- The vision to transform my body pt. 4


Still more characteristics of a human nature- focused life

5. War- Here is where we cross swords. All of the unholy tools I have previously mentioned may come into use. I will gain the advantage at all cost. After a while, it may not be getting my own way I am after, it may be just as important to me that you don't get yours. This is as old as the story of Cain and Abel (Genesis 4). If Cain is not receiving his father's blessing, well then, as a dead man, neither will Abel.

6. Win the Battle, Lose the War
Nothing good comes from this conflict of self-worship vs. self-worship. If the other person gives in or simply quits, your satisfaction will be short-lived. The devastating effects may be permanent. We generally don't engage in these battles with strangers. We match up against those we love; those with whom we can least afford to have fractured relations. Our stupidity in our interpersonal lives is often labeled, "self-destructive," and indeed this is an accurate observation.

A confession: After writing on these characteristics of a human nature- focused life, it was like writing a description for the suspect in a bad case of crime against the abundant life. They put up the "Wanted" poster and there he was-- me.

If you saw yourself in any of this, then join me in searching for the antidote.

A spiritually-focused life.

Think of the topic of “divorce” through the filter of today’s lesson.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."